When the ground starts to shake, what do you do? If it involves a doorway, a triangle, or running – these are NOT earthquake-safe actions. Register now at ShakeOut.org/register to learn more about Drop, Cover, and Hold On and practice updated earthquake safety actions.
48,981,543 participants are registered worldwide so far for this year’s Great ShakeOut Earthquake Drills! It’s easy to sign up and be counted – and it’s free! And it’s not just for California any more!
Do you know how they choose the date and time for the main ShakeOut drills to take place each year? It’s always the third Thursday morning in October. And the time matches the date. For example, the date of the third Thursday in October in 2019 is 10-17 – so the drill is held at 10:17 am! (ShakeOut drills may be held on a different date in your area)
Register today so that your household, school or other organization will:
- Be counted in the largest-ever earthquake drill in the world!
- Be included with other participants in your area (optional)
- Be an example that motivates others to participate & prepare
- Get updated with ShakeOut news and preparedness tips
- Have peace of mind that you, your family, your co-workers and millions of others will be better prepared to survive and recover quickly from our next big earthquake!